- Professional Networking and Development
Each fall NCSSWA hosts the annual School Social Work state conference. Every spring smaller workshops are held in each of the six regions. These events are the only professional development opportunity for School Social Workers across the state. Each year there are relevant and practical topics to enhance your practice and you will enjoy local as well as nationally renowned speakers.
- Resources Through Our Monthly Newsletter
Receive our email Newsletter and other updates that include practice tips, research articles, information about upcoming events, and much more. Check out archives of our newsletters here.
- Legislative Committee-Advocating for Ourself
The interests of School Social Workers in North Carolina and those we serve are best represented by our voices. The Legislative Comittee is working diligently on behalf of the association to influence our Legislature on the importance of school social work and the job we do to assess, identify, and remove barriers to student success on a daily basis. We are organizing to fight hard to educate and increase the awareness of the work we do as School Social Workers among our elected officials as well as encourage the introduction of legislation to include more school social work positions.
- Engage with Your Professional Community
School Social Work is growing in North Carolina and NCSSWA is where you can connect with your colleagues across the state and stay up to date on the profession in more ways than ever. Stay informed and interact with the community through our website, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Like us, follow us, and find great ways to enhance your practice!
- Discount for SSWAA Membership
Receive a discount when joining SSWAA (School Social Work Association of America) as an NCSSWA member. Our national association also has additional benefits that you can access including free $250,000 Professional Liability Insurance from Forrest T. Jones & Company. Visit the SSWAA website to learn more about all of the benefits.
OK I'm In! How Do I Join?
Online membership payment is not available at this time.
Please join via one of the following methods:
1. Attend the next NCSSWA annual Fall Conference. Membership dues are included in this registration ticket
2. Pay membership dues in person (cash or check) when you attend an NCSSWA regional spring conference or other regional events. Membership dues are not included in these registration prices, but you can pay membership dues separately at these events.
3. Complete online membership form below and mail your check payment. Be sure that the member's name is indicated on the check as well as the type of membership dues payment being submitted.
4. Print out the NCSSWA membership form at the bottom of this page and include this with your check.
Please send payments to:
North Carolina School Social Workers Association
P.O. Box 1855
Kinston, NC 28503
Submit Application Online
Once you have completed this form be sure to follow up by mailing your membership dues check to the address above. Our treasurer and membership chair will receive a copy of this form and be on the look out for your payment to confirm your membership.